When you adopt a cat, the first thing that you should do is schedule his or her vet appointment with our veterinarians at A Cat Hospital in Henderson, NV. Veterinary appointments are essential in making sure that your cat is healthy. One of the services that we provide for pets is spay and neuter surgery. Spaying and neutering procedures can prevent certain cancers, unwanted pregnancies, and undesired behaviors.
What Are Spaying and Neutering?
Spaying is a procedure that removes a female cat’s ovaries and uterus. Neutering is a procedure that removes the testes of male cats.
Benefits of Spaying a Cat
The main benefit of spaying your female cat is that she won't be able to get pregnant. The removal of the reproductive organs will prevent unwanted litters and help with the pet population. There are other benefits as well. This includes:
- Spaying your cat will avert uterine infections and breast tumors.
- Spaying will prevent your cat from going into heat.
- By having your cat spayed, you are helping her live a long and healthy life.
Benefits of Neutering
Neutering your male cat will prevent him from getting out of the house and impregnating a female cat. Other than helping to control the pet population, there are other benefits of neutering your cat, such as:
- Neutering your male cat will prevent testicular cancer and prostate problems.
- Prevents male cats from roaming outside of the house.
- Male cats often spray strong urine to mark their territory. They can also act aggressively if they feel that another human or animal is invading their territory. Having your cat neutered will keep him from spraying around the house.
When Can Cats Be Spayed Or Neutered?
Your cat can be spayed or neutered as young as 4 months old. Your veterinarian may advise that you have your female cat spayed before the first heat and your male cat neutered as early as possible.
Veterinary Care in Las Vegas
Having your cat spayed or neutered at A Cat Hospital will help him or her live a long and healthy life. Our veterinarians treat patients in Henderson, Las Vegas, and surrounding areas. To schedule an appointment to discuss the procedure, give our veterinary team a call today at 702-454-4400.