Happy Cat Month in September
You love cuddling up with your lazy, Garfield cat or maybe you have a playful kitty that is full of energy and mischief! Whatever type of cat you have, be sure to celebrate Happy Cat Month in September. A whole month of loving on your sweet fur baby in as many ways as you can think of! A Cat Hospital serves all of Henderson and Las Vegas and is encouraging all of our cat owners to participate.
What Is Happy Cat Month?
Created by the CATalyst Council, Happy Cat Month is celebrated in September of every year. It is a month dedicated to the health and happiness of our feline friends. It is also a time to change the view of cats as aloof and not in need of humans. This is simply not true. Science shows that cats provide a loving, soothing companion and produce feelings of well-being.
How Can I Celebrate?
A Cat Hospital has some great ideas for making your cat happy! Your furry friend will love you even more after you do these things:
- Playing with your cats stimulates their brains and provides exercise. Buy a new toy that will engage your kitty. Some cats really enjoy playing with a laser pointer. Catnip will bring your beloved family member hours of delight.
- Brush your baby. An excessive amount of hair is not only annoying to you, but can cause hairballs in your cat's belly. Brushing will also discourage knots in longer haired cats.
- Evaluate your pet's food this month. If your feline has grown older, he/she may need senior pet food. Or maybe you want to spoil your loved one with a special treat.
- Take your kitty to the vet. If it is time for vaccines, flea or tick preventative, or if he/she isn't microchipped, now is the time to do it. It will always be easy to remember the date as annual check-ups will be during Happy Cat Month!
- Last but not least, pet your baby!
If you live in Henderson, Las Vegas or surrounding areas, A Cat Hospital is excited to see all of your pictures and stories about how you celebrated your furry friend! Schedule an appointment with our veterinarian to ensure your cat's health: 702-514-0949.