A Cat Hospital in Las Vegas is exactly what it sounds like. Our veterinary care center is just for cats. Our veterinarians, Dr. Trish Auge', Dr. Heather Zanzow, and Dr. Samantha Stewart, are specially trained to care for our feline patients. When Dr. Auge decided to settle in Las Vegas and open A Cat Hospital in Henderson, she wanted to provide a wellness center for cats only, so that they wouldn’t experience the stress sometimes seen in cats when they’re in a clinic with dogs and other animals. Our veterinarians are dedicated to providing a full range of exceptional medical services.
Like all other domesticated pets, cats should see a veterinarian on a regular basis. We recommend annual exams for most felines. Getting regular care is the best way to detect health problems before they become larger issues. Annual exams are a good time to update vaccines, get dental cleanings, and check for any other irregularities. Times of trauma aren’t the best time for your cat to have his first trip to the vet. When our vet knows your pet, it’s easier to recognize abnormalities when they arise. A few of the services we provide include:
- Vaccines At A Cat Hospital, we provide feline vaccinations that can help protect your cat against diseases and illnesses. As we specialize in feline health, we have an in-depth understanding of precisely which vaccines are and are not necessary for your cat.
- Oral Care Feline oral care is very important. Plaque and tartar can build up on a cat’s teeth just as it does on people’s teeth. Food can become lodged in the gums, causing inflammation, abscess, and potentially infection. Infections in the mouth can travel through a cat’s blood stream, causing even more serious problems. Cleaning a cat’s teeth may prove to be quite a challenge, even with the most passive of cats. At A Cat Hospital, we can help you find foods and cat toys that can help with dental care. We’re also able to treat a cat who is experiencing dental problems.
- Other services we commonly provide at wellness visits include microchipping and spay and neuter services.
Sick Cat Exams and Specialty Services
- Sick Cat Exams We are here for you and your feline friend every step of the way when you need us most. We provide a variety of quality veterinary services to help your sick cat. We have an array of testing equipment, medications, therapies, and a friendly staff waiting to help your furry friend feel better.
- Behavioral Correction Cats behave in peculiar ways sometimes. Sometimes it’s their personality, but other times there’s a specific cause for a cat’s unusual behavior. We can help you learn to manage your cat’s behavioral issues, such as anxiety, destructive scratching, and aggression.
- Ear Infections If your cat’s ears look inflamed, or if he’s scratching or rubbing his ears, it may be time to take him to one of our veterinarians for a visit. It’s possible that there is a very simple solution to a problem that is providing him with a great deal of pain or aggravation.
- Gastrointestinal Issues It can be difficult to recognize when your cat is having stomach issues. Constipation, vomiting, dry-heaves, and eating grass may be indicators of stomach distress. It’s never a bad idea to bring your cat in for a stomach exam if you see any signs of issues.
- Senior Cats Arthritis and diabetes aren’t the only afflictions that affect cats as they age. We can help you recognize when specialized treatment may be necessary, or when dietary changes may need to be made to improve your senior cat’s health.
Call Us Today!
At A Cat Hospital in Henderson, Las Vegas, we are happy to provide veterinary services to cat owners. We also provide grooming and boarding services. Call us today to learn more about how we can help your cat live his best life in the best health possible.